A custom closet can be a great addition to your home, but you’re probably wondering how to get the most out of a brand new closet system. Fortunately, we’ve got a few tips to ensure your closet is efficiently organized and keeping your home free from clutter. We’re the industry expert in custom closets in Greenville, SC and we’re here to help with this handy guide! We’ve even included some of our favorite closet organization images to give you a few ideas for your closet.
1. Organize Seasonal Items. If you want an organized closet then consider sorting your closet by season. This could be as simple as hanging jackets or storing shorts together in the same area of your closet. You could also consider purchasing some storage options such as bins or corner storage to put in your closet. This will allow you to store unworn seasonal clothing without taking up too much room.
2. Buy Wall Hangers & Hooks. Wall hangers are an affordable and quick addition to your closet system that will really help to organize your space. In fact, after a quick search on Amazon, we were able to find this wall hanger for $18. It’s even possible to find wall hangers that don’t require nails, which means you can install them quickly and without having to worry about damaging your brand new closet system.
3. Take Inventory of Your Clothing. Even with a recently installed closet system, you’ll still likely have a few articles of clothing you’re holding onto that don’t see much wear. Consider purging unwanted clothing once or twice a year by going through your closet and finding clothing that hasn’t seen much use in the previous season. If these clothes are still in good condition you could even consider selling them on an app like Poshmark.
You might even consider going one step further with this and create an actual inventory of the clothing you own. While you don’t need to keep track of every pair of socks you own, this can be helpful if you have a large amount of clothing. Simply keep track of your various articles of clothing by cataloging them and determine what clothing you wear in a given year. By continuing to do this year over year you’ll be able to effectively organize your closet and remove unwanted clutter.
4. Add Lighting. No matter how attractive your new closet system may be, it’s going to look even better with additional lighting. A dimly lit closet can impede your organizational efforts and leave your closet feeling cramped and inaccessible. Thankfully our closet systems feature plenty of additional space for some extra lighting. With all the extra shelf space you’ll have ample locations to include a lamp, rope lighting, or other lighting options to meet your needs.
5. Make Use of Floor Space. Your new closet system will give you plenty of storage options, but there’s always the opportunity to do more with your closet space. Consider the unused floor space in your closet and ask what you can do with it. Would your closet benefit from a shoe shelf or perhaps some additional storage? These additions will allow you to have an efficient closet layout and help you to make the best use of your space.
If you’re considering a new custom closet consider contacting More Space Place Greenville. We’re an industry expert that has proudly been serving the Carolinas since 2002. Our team of knowledgeable staff is here to help you create the custom closet system, home office, or media center that you’ve been dreaming of.